Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What's in a name?

Tonight's entry is going to be pretty short because well...I don't have much to say but I figured I'd at least explain the reason behind my blog name. Anyone from the south knows that girls from Georgia are called Georgia peaches. If you don't know why look up the state fruit which also happens to be on the state flag. It's the peach. Back in high school a friend of mine who had a not so secret crush on me dubbed me a Florida gem because I'm originally from Florida. However, since I no longer live in Florida and now reside in beautiful Savannah, GA I'm not sure a Florida gem is very fitting. BUT...you can take the girl out of Florida but you can't take the Florida out of the girl I am a Florida girl through and through. So you do the math a

Florida gem + a Georgie Peach= a Florida Peach.

No comments:

Post a Comment