Monday, January 23, 2012

Hello Blog World...


Hidey ho fellow bloggers and(future) followers,

Never in a million years did I think I’d become a blogger. Yet here I am, my first post on a blog that’s supposed to essentially be a record of my current life. I’m a 20-something fairly newly-wed who’s madly in love with my wonderful husband, Chris, our crazy crew of pets, and the life that we lead. Now, I’m not saying my life is all rainbows and lollipops but; I am saying that as far as the American dream goes we’re 2.3 children away from being the “ideal” or whatever you want to call it. My husband is a soldier in the U.S. Army and even though our life is often out of our control and we’ve been known to move every 2 years I wouldn’t have it any other way. I am a student pursuing a degree in English and if we can stay put long enough for me to finish at one school I just might be done before I’m 30, barely but I may do it. I work as a veterinary technician by day and a fledgling interior designer by night. What do I design you ask? Well, I attempt to design my home into one of those master pieces you see on pinterest. My current goal is to one day have a room in my house repinned by hundreds of pinterest addicts like myself. It’s not too much to ask is it? Maybe 10 repins? Either way my suzy homemaker tendencies have gone into overdrive with the recent purchase of our new(to us) home. In all actuality it’s not so new since it was built in 1953 but for Chris and I we’re smitten with our slightly outdated but loaded with charm home, yup right down to the green and yellow plaid wallpaper someone thought was a good idea to plaster on our tiny kitchen walls. So, in comes this blog. I’m creating this blog to chronicle our journey in homeownership from the small and mundane ie:  waiting for the paint to dry, to the big and exciting projects ie: renovating the kitchen, and everything in between. Before we get to the good stuff though let me put a face to all the names you will see in this blog….





Chris and I

Dugout





Saydee(Black), Lucky




Shortstop(Grey), Nixon(Orange), & Stella



So there you have it folks some faces to the names you will see in upcoming posts. Most people think we’re crazy for having 6 pets but they all play an important role in our lives and make life just a little bit sweeter, and a whole lot funnier.






No comments:

Post a Comment